Thursday, April 1, 2010

Speaking of oatmeal...

I also made granola yesterday.

This was SO EASY. I was surprised. Someone gave my mom his "famous" granola recipe, but she told me that he'd only given her the ingredients, no instructions. We both commented on the apparent uselessness of that. I thought maybe that granola was so easy to make that it's all intuitive.

And, yeah.

3.5cups rolled oats
1/3cup sliced or slivered almonds
1/3cup chopped hazelnuts
1/3cup dried cranberries
2T toasted coconut
dash of salt
5T maple syrup
5T canola oil

Mix it. Spread it on a cookie sheet (line with parchment to cut down on clean-up). Bake for 30-35min at 325F, stirring it around 2-3 times during baking, and rotating the baking sheet once.

Let it cool (stir it around every few minutes as it cools), then store in an airtight container.

Hey, that was easy.

No comments: