Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cookies?

I'm working at an ice cream social this weekend, and aside from scooping ice cream (or maybe grilling hot dogs, I'm signed up for hot dogs but I'm going to try to work at the ice cream booth instead), I volunteered to bring cookies for the bake sale.

But what cookies should I bring?

I imagine they'll have 5+ batches of chocolate chip, and probably at least 2 oatmeal raisin. Several of the people coming have access to the famous Abigail Phelps snickerdoodle recipe (which is given on a strict need-to-know basis). What should I bake? What will set my fabulous cookies apart from all the other boring cookies?

I'm leaning towards a drop cookie, but I have enough time for rolled/cutter cookies. Currently I'm thinking of my fantastic Hershey's chocolate chocolate chip cookie recipe, possibly with white chocolate or peanut butter chips instead of semisweet chocolate. Or maybe maple cookies? I have no shortage of maple syrup.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peanut Butter Cookies. Big,round peanut butter cookes with the criss cross fork marks on top, sprinkled with turbinado sugar for sparkle.

I only say this because peanut butter cookies are my absolute favorite!!

Anonymous said...

i think you know the answer to this- coconut macaroons! unless you can't make a ton easily. for bake sales i always go for the glitz and glamour of whoopie pies. two years in a row i've made them for the State House bake sale and both times people called up the human resources office asking who made them and where is the recipe! i've done the chocolate whoopie pies with peanut butter frosting, and this year the pumpkin pie whoopie pie with cream cheese filling was the big hit.