Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Nutella Cravings...

Good news, friends: World Nutella Day is Saturday, February 5th! So of course I've been preparing.

Clint bought me 2 jars of nutella last week, and I already had plans for them by the time they arrived in my kitchen. My plans were a little ambitious, but I'm sure I'll still use up most of that nutella.

I'm not giving these in order of when I made them, but first I want to share this recipe that had me awestruck.

Nutella Brownie Bites

Well, that sounds nice, right? Read the recipe:

1/2 cup nutella
1 egg
5T flour

That's it!! So I thought, well, these can't be that good, they're far too easy. I'm glad to say I was wrong. They took about 2 seconds to get in the oven, 10 minutes to bake, and they're amazing. (If I had no willpower, they would have taken about 2 minutes to devour.)


Procedure:
Beat 1/2 cup nutella (I softened it slightly in the microwave, about 15sec) with the egg until they're well combined and creamy. Beat in the flour.

Fill a mini muffin tin with 1T dough per well. Bake at 375F for about 10-12 minutes.

Mine were baked for exactly 10 minutes, and they came out slightly fudgy on top and had a nice cakey brownie base. They were maybe slightly underdone, but I prefer them this way.

Makes about a dozen brownies/mini muffins


I'm saving up my newest nutella recipe, of which I am quite proud (because it's a wamozart12 original, and really delicious) for the actual Nutella Day, but until then I have hopefully 2 other recipes to share. I'm not as well-organized as last year!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh dear! I have Nutella Day written down as the 6th! I'm glad I read this post. :) [And I'm glad I have a brand new, unopened jar of Nutella...]

As for my cashew-apple butter...I imagine it would work wonderfully with regular apples, just would be a little creamier (perhaps a great thing?) and definitely not last as long...

Ann said...

I made the nutella brownies, so easy and so good!