Monday, November 5, 2012

October Foodie Pen Pals Reveal!



3rd time's a charm, my friends! 
My first FPP package arrived late (thanks a bunch, USPS) and my second not at all. So I was very hopeful and excited for my third package, which arrived in a timely manner- only wouldn't you know, I left on the 22nd to go to Florida. I was able to open my package and gaze lovingly at the deliciousness inside before we left for the airport, but I had to wait til I got home to try any of it. Just one thing to make coming home from a trip less sad! (that, and the poor lonely tiny kitten waiting patiently for us!) I did consider bringing some of it as plane snacks, but I worried I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy it while dealing with plane annoyances, so I left everything at home.

My package came from Bethany at Accidental Intentions. I'd told her I love trying local goodies from places that aren't here, so I got some interesting Chicago treats!


On the left is a Chicago Mix flavored popcorn. I had no idea what this was. I opened it and peeked inside, and it's a bag of popcorn, half is orange cheese and half is caramel. It's a very simple concept, but really tasty! Pairing these two flavors reminds me of gjetost, which is one of my favorite cheeses- it's caramelized goat cheese, so it makes sense. I might need to track down more of this! (oh look! it's on amazon! And I was going to place an amazon order soon anyway, since I broke my French press carafe and need a new one...)

Next, Chicago Flats flatbread crackers. So yummy with cheese! This was my pre-workout snack tonight.

Assorted Tazo teas. I've already had all the chai teabags ;)

Milk and dark chocolates (ummm all gone)

2 single serving packets of Justin's Almond butter- the honey one escaped the photo. These are 2 flavors I haven't tried yet, since Wegman's doesn't have a huge selection of Justin's, just plain and maple and once upon a time, chocolate, but I haven't seen it lately. I haven't decided how to enjoy these yet. Many people seem to like eating them straight from the package... it might make a good post-workout snack later this week. Hmm.

So in the end, my 3rd month in FPP was a big success! I just had to delay the enjoying and the posting because of my trip and the hurricane, but these snacks were definitely worth the wait. Thank you, Bethany!!

How can you join in on the fun? Click here!
Here are the details:
On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal! 
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. 
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. 

No comments: