Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Look what I made!

Cupcakes!



and..... ICE CREAM!!!!!!!1 (er, gelato) As well as honey cardamom madeleines and fig pecan biscotti. I heart my ice cream maker.
Gelato, step by step:
orange-lemon gelato, with coffee beans, starts with orange and lemon peel, and coffee beans.



Add 2 cups of milk to the flavors, scald.



Add 5 egg yolks and 3/4 cup sugar, cook til thickened, then strain out the solids.




Cool the custard, then pour it in your ice cream maker (which has been chilling for a while)



Mix- look how regal she is!




20 min of mixing produces ice cream!


It's really sweet, next time I will cut way back on the sugar- 1/2cup would probably be plenty, maybe even less. Next on the ice cream list is strawberry balsamic gelato. I'm tempted to do sorbet, though... we'll see.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bird says, Hello Mozart! i've missed you! p.s. the madelines look so delicate!