Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Yarn swap!

I meant to mention this earlier, but I think I forgot- I'm not surprised, June has been a busy and eventful month.

I joined a yarn swap! This is the Starbucks and Yarn Swap that I discovered on ravelry. I've never done a yarn swap before, so hopefully I won't commit any terrible faux pases (arg how to you pluralify French words? And what's the verb for "plural"?) in this swap. I think basically we're knitting something for our assigned swap buddy and buying them some Starbucks treasures, and mailing them in August. Yay! We'll see if I can start knitting before I go to DC this weekend, my dad's driving so I'll have lots of knitting time. As for Starbucks goodies... I'll have to specify coffee, since I don't actually have a proper Starbucks within an hour from me- gift cards would be pretty useless.

Yeah. So. I'm supposed to fill out a questionnaire either on ravelry or my blog, but I'm not sure I'll do it on my blog, unless I leave out the personal info.

Yay!

Also, tonight I'm making cupcakes: chai cupcakes from 500 Cupcakes filled with nutella and frosted with Magnolia's vanilla buttercream frosting (which you can find somewhere on marthastewart.com). I'm hoping to find some small hazelnut candies for decoration. And, I hope to use my brand-new cupcake carrier! (courtesy of my mom, as a birthday present).

No comments: