Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Meme, unrelated to cooking or knitting.

Most people who read this know me, or else have access to some profile or other that I've set up elsewhere. But I'm procrastinating, as I am wont to do, so....

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?


I'd graduated from high school, and I was "studying" to be a tour guide at the Hillstead Museum in Farmington, CT. I was also sleeping a lot, and packing for college, getting ready to take some trips, and...... not all that much. Exactly 10 years ago, I was probably at the beach.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?

1. Go to the gym
2. Bake cupcakes for Denise's craft night
3. Go to every single women's clothing store in Hanover in search of a white formal gown.
4. Have lunch with Mei
5. Finishing editing the results section of the darn paper.

(I've done 3 (which was unsuccessful) and 4, and a very small amount of 5. 1 and 2 will be done after I leave lab, so there's hope!)

3) Snacks I enjoy:

um, everything? There's a reason going to the gym is #1 on my to-do. I love cookies and nearly all jelly candies, I have a serious sweet tooth. Also, fruit. Any fruit, just put it near me and it'll be gone.

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire (in no particular order):

Pay off my car (but not my condo, I get good tax breaks from a mortgage, apparently). Buy a vacation home on the CT shore. Buy some really expensive shoes. Throw an awesome wedding with all the bells and whistles anyone could ever want. Be completely frivolous, and then donate a ton of money to melanoma research.

5) Places I have lived:

West Hartford, Connecticut
Wellesley, Massachusetts
Lebanon, New Hampshire
and soon.... somewhere near Worcester, Massachusetts

6) Jobs I have had:

Lowly lab rat, Dr Barbarese's lab at UCONN Health Center
Lowly lab rat, CT State Health Department
Lowly lab rat, another lab at the CT State Health Department
Lowly lab rat and refrigerator defroster (because I was the female summer intern- no, I'm not still bitter- but I actually enjoy defrosting refrigerators), Metropolitcan District Commission (they're in charge of drinking water in the Hartford area)
Tour guide, Hillstead Museum in Farmington
Carillon teacher
Semi-important lab rat with real responsibilities, Dr Tanzer's lab at UCONN Health Center
Grad student and fashion adviser, Dr Barlowe's lab at Dartmouth

No comments: